Saturday, February 10, 2007

Kinda like a mail-order bride. But you know, for Geeks.

I am in a very happy and excited mood. Yesterday I ordered a brand new, sorta top of the line Dell Insprion E1705 laptop! Based on my mother's experience ordering from Dell, I fully expect it to be here before the end of next week.

Here are the drool-worthy specs:

  • 2.00 GHz Core Duo 2
  • 2 GB Ram
  • 17 inch UltraSharp TrueLife screen (Jeff Blankenburg advised me to pop for the TrueLife upgrade. So if it's not worth it I'm, blaming him!)
  • Vista Ultimate Edition (Why go half-way?)
  • 256MB ATI Radeon X 1400 Hyper Memory (And if you are going to run Vista, what's the point in not using Aero?)
  • 802.11g wireless network card (I didn't see popping for "N.")
  • 9 cell battery (Hopefully I won't hear calls of "The laptop, the laptop, the laptop is on fire!")
  • 160 GB hard drive (I wanted 200GB, but I was on a bit of a budget and I think Dell's HD prices are a little on the high side.)
  • Bluetooth (small upgrade, but worth it.)
  • 2 Year Warranty (Only two years. Hey, love is fleeting and I'm known for being fickle on occasion.)

I didn't get a case. Again, I think Dell charges a lot for a little in the case department. Besides, I've already found several nicer cases on-line that are either the same price or less. So there!

On tip, I priced this on-line, but called the order in. By portraying myself as being somewhat hesitant on the phone, I got an immediate $250 discount!

As for how much? Tsk tsk. I chose not to sully this discussion with talk of money, let us speak only of AMORE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, very cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog .hp laptop battery usually run on a single main battery or from an external AC/DC adapter which can charge the battery while also supplying power to the computer itself.