Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Democracy inaction!

In the spirit of another round of meaningless (unless you're Joe Lieberman) primary elections, I am asking for opinions.

In a first (and probably only) for my blog, I'm putting something up to a vote.

When I hastily created this blog, I needed a name. At the time, "Bender's Blog" was the only thing I could think of. And it was good, but not great.

Recently, one of my co-workers suggested the name "The Bender Blender" as a nod to the technical interviews I occasionally give to candidates at my company.

I think this is a great idea! But, if I were to do that (within the blogspot system) if would be a bit of work for me what with the creating of a new blog and the linking to the new blog and the.... uh..... OK, it wouldn't be that much work, but it would cut into either my "hanging out" or "just kickin' it" time (Sorry, no pie chart).

So let me know what you think! Use the comments section.

Now, there are some rules. First of all, this is not "Chicago Style" which means one vote per person please. Also, votes from anonymous cowards will not be counted.

See you all at the polls!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

My vote should count too! This is descrimination.

James Bender said...

// My vote should count too! This is descrimination.

Yep!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...

You can't just change the title at the top?

Anyway, if you are SERIOUS about this blog thing I would pay for the domain bendersblender.com ($9 a year and it IS available) and forward the URL to blogspot.

James Bender said...

//You can't just change the title
//at the top?

Yeah, but why not get the url if I can?

//Anyway, if you are SERIOUS about
//this blog thing I would pay for
//the domain bendersblender.com
//($9 a year and it IS available)
//and forward the URL to blogspot.

Man, that sounds like a lot of work!

And what's this "not serious" crap? You act like this is a "My Space" page! Geeze!

Anonymous said...

Shall I buy it for you as part of your early Christmas present little girl? I have a godaddy account already so I can set it up. Also, you should seriously look into movabletype, etc.

You have several interesting fields for your topics of choice and I enjoy reading your posts when they aren't too technical and I think you would find a more regular audience for your blog with a smoother interface and get rid of that damn "moderator must approve comments" crap and delete spam comments like the rest of us.